Location: Los Angeles
As a Product Manager at Break Media, you will provide the leadership that drives business growth, product strategy, innovation and execution. The ideal candidate has a passion for building great user experiences, the ability to thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, and enjoys working closely with a cross functional team to create great products.
- Lead product strategy, innovation and execution for a Break Media web property. Includes thinking through and creating: product roadmaps, consumer flows, user stories, and wireframes.
- Manage project and timelines from inception to launch – leading a cross-functional team of engineers, sales executives, editors, designers, marketers, SEO specialists and QA engineers to get projects done on-spec and on-time
- Drive product development through data analysis. Understand and exploit key metrics for your products.
- Be the domain expert on consumer web experiences. Perform competitive analyses among peer group and across the industry.
- Write and update specifications and user stories that communicate a clear and detailed blueprint of product releases and features
- Focus on growing the reach of Break Media web properties while driving user engagement and ad revenue
- Coordinate with other members of Product Management to ensure product features are implemented consistently across all of Break Media’s websites, mobile apps and other platforms
- Educate and train internal business teams on product best practices, specifications and key benefits
- Lead Product demonstrations for internal and possibly external clients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ yrs experience in product management of consumer-facing web properties
- Highly motivated self-starter who can make decisions with imperfect information; comfortable with shifting priorities
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to influence sales, technical, editorial and UI staff
- Proven experience writing specifications and creating wireframes
- Proven experience in combining cross functional and market requirements into a product vision
- Strong analytical skills regarding business and technical issues.
- Fluency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio
- Experience with Google Analytics preferred
Break Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job